Lilly

Friday, November 14, 2008

Braden successfully ended his High School XC career at a Banquet Thursday night. He was honored for being a team captain and won the Most Inspirational award which was voted on by his teammates. He also won the Bomber of the Meet at the Nike Pre-National Meet in Portland, Oregon earlier in the season. I thought he should have won every award possible for all the sacrifices he made to run, but I'm just his mom. His best 5k time was 17:28 or something ridiculous like that. He now is looking forward to winter conditioning and preparing for the spring track season. He wants to run (and he is very good at) the 800 and 400. Oh, and he has to have jaw surgery first and recover from it. That is scheduled next week (Nov. 20th). We will have an early Turkey Day on Sunday for him. Back to XC, I loved watching him run, and was really proud of how hard (that cannot be emphasized enough) he worked. He was a great example of dedication (did I mean obsession?) to everyone. Maybe he will run a marathon someday and I can watch him then. For now, I look forward to track season, too. Mom

No comments: